Tuesday 7 January 2014

Review: The Body Shop Body Butters




Hello and welcome back to The Student Beauty Bag, it feels like ages since I last wrote on here, when in fact it was only friday, and today it is Tuesday! I really hate tuesdays, they are the beginning of the week, and the weekend feels like such a long time ago, and the next weekend feels so far away.  And by the way i am sorry this blog post didn't go up yesterday, and i have now kind of got a schedule that i post on monday, wednesday and friday, but i was so busy yesterday with all my schoolwork, so sorry. Anyway today I have a review on one of my favourite beauty related things, The body shop body butters, I have four and I love them all so much, they are basically like heaven in a tub! I think with the body butters they are so well known, and everyone has one, that they become kind of less talked about in the beauty blogger world, but they are still very special. I have 4 body butters, and have never finished an entire tub, I feel like i would probably have every flavour if they weren't so expensive, but actually I have only ever brought a body butter in the 50% sale, I mean who doesn't buy the whole Body Shop during their sales, they have some amazing sales especially after the New Year, and in the summer.



Raspberry Body Butter
This was the first body butter I ever brought, and i brought it this time last year in the sales, and I even think this maybe my favourite body butter, and even my favourite smell from The Body Shop, I really recommend them. But there is one massive downside to this particular body butter, its limited edition, *my life ends*. You can only get it in the winter sale, and in the summer sales I think, which is a massive disappointment, it should have defiantly been all year around. The actual body butter, like all body butters is thick, creamy, and utterly luxurious, it is so moisturising, but i also may think it is slightly too heavy and solid for a everyday use, which you could probably tell from the picture, I haven't used it all up yet. but the smell is in a completely different league to all the other body butters, it is a rich, heavenly smell, perfect for a pamper evening!



Papaya Body Butter
I brought this body butter, along with the one after this, in the summer sale for £5, which is a complete bargain for Body Shop body butters, and this one especially is a perfect summery, sweet scent. Unlike the raspberry body butter, this is less heavy and solid, that is very soft and creamy, but not runny, perfect for lazing on the beach. I tend to use this body butter less in the winter months, but sometimes I love to use it as it reminds me so much of the summer months! For many people i think this would be the perfect body butter, it is soft and creamy, and not runny, it has a lovely sweet, summery scent and is very moisturising!
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/body-butter/papaya-body-butter.aspx



Passion Fruit Body Butter
As I said in the review above, I got this is in the summer sale for £5, and has been a complete lifesaver recently! I feel it is very hydrating and moisturising, probably because it is not as thick and solid as the raspberry body butter, and a has a more of a buttery texture than the papaya body butter. I would also say that this is a more of all year round product than the papaya version, as it is still summery, but also quite wintery. The reason why i find the scent both quite summery and wintery as it is a very fruity smell, but has both sweet and sour notes to it, which i feel is a good selling point, and i would defiantly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a all year body butter, that has a gorgeous scent!
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/body-butter/passion-fruit-body-butter.aspx



Cranberry Joy Body Butter
I may have said earlier in the raspberry body butter post that that was my favourite body shop smell, I may have slightly been lying! I think either the raspberry scent or the cranberry joy scent are my favourites, I cant choose! Anyway back to this mini review, I only got this body butter recently in the sale, but I have loved the scent for a couple of years now, it is just so festive, wintery and christmassy,   and i already have the shower gel in it too! You maybe thinking why on earth are you buying a festive body butter after christmas? But i just couldn't resist it, and also I don't think it is the most christmassy of scents, it is very sweet and fruity, which for me I think is fine in the summer! Like all Body Shop body butters, this version is so hydrating, creamy and you just want to eat it, but its a shame its limited edition though. And by the way can we just take a small moment to look at the gorgeous frosty packaging! Ahhhh
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/sale/sale-5-and-under/cranberry-joy-body-butter.aspx

So there it is, my body shop body butters, I truly love them, and find them so moisturising and hydrating and the scent of them is just impossible to refuse! If you have liked this post, and want me to do a couple more Body Shop related posts I sure would love to, so just leave a recommendation in the comments.

Izzyxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment