Friday 3 January 2014

Lush Christmas Kisses Gift Set


As you may know if you follow my Instagram, (or if you don't, theres a link to the right of this page), I tend to be always posting pictures of me and Lush products. I recently posted a picture of my Lush Magic Wand Bubble Bar in action, and there is a review of it in my most recent post of My Top 5 Pamper Evening Essentials, take a look of it if you want too! Anyway back to this blog post, I will be doing a review of my Lush Christmas Kisses Gift Set which i got for Christmas, I am properly obsessed with it, and have wanted one of the products for a long time, I ran out of it ages ago and whenever i went into town I would forget to get it. If you think you can guess what it is, comment below in the comments before you read this next bit!


Bubblegum Flavoured Lip Scrub
OMG, I think this is probably my all time favourite Lush Product, even though I have only ever had one tiny 25g tub before, it lasted me ages, even with some sneaky eating of it because it tasted so nice!! I know everyone talks about this scrub, and it heavenliness, but I just had to do a mini review when I saw it was in this gift box. For the £5.50 price tag, it is completely worth it, the gorgeous bubblegum taste and smell, I feel is nicer than actual bubblegum sweets, and it the sugar grains are surprisingly good at removing all that disgusting dry skin of your lips. Another benefit of this product  is that it is really easy to use, you just take a small pinch, (or more if your hungry), scrub it around your lips for 10-20 seconds, and for the best bit, lick it off! For me this is a real life saver product, I cant live without it.
https://www.lush.co.uk/product/67/Bubblegum---25g


Chou Chou... I love You Toothy Tabs
I am sure everyone has different reactions and opinions to the Lush Toothy Tabs, but i find the concept really weird, and would rather just to stick to normal tooth paste. To use them, you put one in your mouth, you chew it a bit, then when it starts bubbling, get your toothbrush and start brushing, but do not swallow them, ( I actually did swallow it, so i don't think nothing bad really happens, it just doesn't taste very nice! oops). The smell of the Chou Chou... I love You Toothy Tabs, is supposed to be of a romantic rose flavour, like Turkish delight, but it really doesn't, it tastes like a weird soda and chalk mixture mixed together with some sharp rose flavourings, urghh. I don't think I like will ever repurchase this flavour of them, but there are a lot of other flavours, so I maybe will try one of them, i do recommend them to you if you are fascinated by them, but maybe try a different flavour, not Chou Chou... I love You.
https://www.lush.co.uk/product/5804/Chou-Chou-I-Love-You---12g


Honey Trap Lip Balm
When I saw this honey and white chocolate flavoured lip balm in the little gift set, I didn't know what to expect, I am not a fan of the taste of both white chocolate and honey, but this lip balm has kind of changed my views, it tastes amazing! This is a thick and almost grainy textured balm, that is very moisturising, but doesn't leave a white trail on the lips, which I always hate when white lip balms do that. The smell to this is incredible, its very sweet scented, the packaging is very small, and there is only 8grams in the tub, but I have been using it for a week now, and i have barely used any. I also would recommend this product to anyone, especially any sweet scented lover, but it is a bit pricy at £5.75 for what you actually get.
https://www.lush.co.uk/product/6310/Honey-Trap


Santa Baby Lip Tint
When i picked this out of the little gift box, I was assuming this to be very similar to the Honey Trap Lip Balm, when it is completely different. This is a lip tint, not a lip balm, don't make the same mistake I did by thinking it was a lip balm and practically smothering it all over face, to realise my face had turned a bright shade of red because in actual fact it is a very highly pigmented lip tint! The colour is a very christmassy bright red, and is a smooth, almost solid texture, that dries on the lips matte, and tastes and smells exactly like Cola bottles, which is a huge bonus. The only annoying thing about this is that it is a Limited edition, christmas lip tint, that you can only buy at christmas time, but it is a very similar colour to the Lush It Started With A Kiss Lip Tint, which is slightly more of an orange shade of red. I would still recommend It Started With A Kiss to anyone, even though it doesn't have the same Cola taste and smell.
https://www.lush.co.uk/product/6379/Santa-Baby
https://www.lush.co.uk/product/232/It-Started-with-a-Kiss---10g

I hope you have enjoyed this review, unfortunately this actual gift set was only for Christmas, and their sale has finished so it is no longer for sale, but I would definitely recommend getting them separately because i think they are actually worth it. This is the lats of my mini series Christmas present reviews, but i do think i will still do a few other reviews of some of the beauty present i got in the near future, so look out for them!

Izzyxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment